Linkin Park has amazingly surprised its admirers at a sports and music festival held in Tokyo, Japan earlier this month by collaborating with Steve Aoki, the famous Dance DJ to initiate an astounding but unlikely new association.
On the first day of the Summer Sonic event, Linkin Park performed in the morning. Both the acts of Linkin Park were on the Bill. Here Linkin Park performed a series of their hits and made their fans go mad about them. However, Mike Shinoda, the rapper of the group hinted about a special second appearance of the band by advising the event’s crowd to check out Steve’s Aoki’s gig later at the night and he actually made good by showing up on the stage of the Summer sonic event with band mate Chestor Bennignton when the DJ hit the decks. They then together launched one of their new song’s performance right on the stage.
The song was ” A light that never comes” much to the delight of audiences. Shinoda in that event itself also revealed the collaborative effort between the Linkin Park and Steve Aoki, by saying that I and Steve met up an year before and instantly connected. After that meeting what happened was just amazing and it actually happened quite organically, and in no time we were shooting ideas back and forth. This meeting was the one that made us realize that we can collaborate together to make some good music.
Baroque pop or simply referred to as English Baroque is one the most famous subgenres of rock music. Baroque pop came into existence during the era of early 60s as a result of fusion of classical music with the pop rock. This subgenre basically originated in the United Kingdom and United States of America. Though it started during early 60s but got its popularity in mid 60s. The music got so famous during that time that currently mid 60s era is widely known as Baroque Era.
Several rock bands tried their hands with this art form and earned huge success. Some of the prominent names include The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Moody Blues, The Rolling Stones, The Left Banke and Love. The Baroque pop enjoyed some diverse characteristics when compared with other genres of rock music. This genre of rock music was intended to be quite less ‘loud & wild’ than the traditional rock music genres of that era. It was kind of more serious as well as a bit ‘mature’ offshoot than other genres of rock music world. A wide range of classical instruments were used in this style of rock music.
But this subgenre of rock music enjoyed short term success and started fading away in 70s with emergence of Hard rock, Disco rock and most specially Punk rock. But later in 90s, the Baroque pop underwent some revivals by some of the leading rock artists of the time like Regina Spektor, Belle & Sebastian and The Divine Comedy which brought it back to the race.
The Moody Blues – Nights In White Satin
THE LEFT BANKE- ” PRETTY BALLERINA”
One of the legendary rock music artists and inventor of the famous “Twist Dance Style” is Chubby Checker. The hit cover of 60s “The Twist” and the popular “Twist Dance Style” got Chucker with immense fame in the rock music world. Chubby is the one who got Limbo rock, with the trademark Limbo Dance, the immense fame at global fron
Here is an brief insight to some interesting and maybe unknown facts of this life
- The real name of Chubby Checker was Ernest Evans but he changed it to Chubby Checker before making an entry to rock music world.
- The artist was born in South Carolina’s Spring Gulley.
- Chubby Checker’s debut hit ‘The Twist’ got listed in the ‘Hot 100 Most Famous Singles’ by Billboard.
- Chubby Checker is the only artist who has got nine double sided hits on his name
- He is not only a great singer but also a legendary song-writer.
- Chubby’s father was a tobacco farmer
- Chucker faced a hard childhood. He worked in a butcher’s shop when he was a child. He had also done works like selling ice and shining shoes as a kid.
- Chubby was the nick name Chucker got when he was a kid and used to work in a store. The nick name was provided due to the heavy body build up he had.
- Chubby started his singing career as a performer on streets and church.
- “The Twist” and the “Twist Dance Style” are still considered the benchmark of Chucker’s life which provided him the fame & success, one can only dream of.
Micheal Jackson – well the name is sufficient to describe words like talent, popularity, music, fame, name and everything else that explains prestige. Of course there are many books that have been written on this celebrity and king of rock music world. But there is one & only one book that has been written by the celeb himself. That book is his own autobiography that has been written in his own words by himself. The book is Moonwalk by Micheal Jackson. The book was published in the year 1988 and Shaye Areheart along with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was the editor. So here is the review of the book Moonwalk by legend himself
The book is Michael’s biography but at the same time he was just 30 years old when the book came out so it is more of a snapshot to his life till that date. Micheal described his life as a kid, his childhood memories, his struggle time, rise to success, tensions & stress from showbiz, his love for his kids, his hopes, peace and many more from the core of his heart.
The book appears more of as a conversation with the legend himself straightforwardly as if he is sitting before you telling you his life story. He has also discussed in the book about his plastic surgeries, isolation, and gossip reporting along with famous life in a bubble. The book portrays Michael’s search for a true friend and his inner loneliness and sad part of his life.
This book is a strong recommendation for all Michael’s fans if you want to feel close to him and have an insight of Jackson’s life.
Cream is one of the most popular rock bands of era of 1960s. The band consisted of Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce. Here is an insight to some of the best yet rare known facts about the band Cream.
Click on the image to go to the store
Have a quick look at these facts –
- Cream is reputed as the first Super-Group rock band since all three members of the band belonged to some big band names – Bruce from ‘Manfred Mann’, Clapton from ‘Blues-breakers’ while Baker from ‘The Graham Bond Organization’.
- The band was broken by none other than Clapton when he read a review about their band that the band has turned to be boring as well as repetitious.
- Even after breakup the band played for three more times on some special occasions – first was the occasion of Clapton’s marriage. The second occasion was a big one when the band got inducted in the prestigious ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’ and third was when they again got reunited for a series of 4 shows in the years 2005.
- Though the band had only three members but Baker & Bruce were never comfortable with each other. They always avoided each other or else would fight big time.
- The band actually first decided the name “Sweet and Sour Rock and Roll” but later on Clapton changed that to Cream.
- Though Bruce & Baker never shared a good relationship still after breaking the band they turned towards forming a new group with name BBM and had guitarist Gary Moore in it.
Punk rock has not only influenced male artists but some of the renowned female artists also got profoundly associated with this genre. Gaye Advert (born on 29 Aug, 1956) was one of the first female rock stars of the punk rock movement. She was an English punk rock musician, who played bass guitar in the band. She had photogenic looks. Her “panda-eye make-up and ubiquitous leather jacket were the trademark of her personality.
Gaye Advert and T.V. Smith, both belonged to Bideford, a small coastal town in Devon. In 1976 both moved to London and formed a band there. Later that year they got married. Gaye Advert became a sex symbol for her own style and attained the rank of Top of the Pops.
Adverts’ early career was greatly affected with The Roxy club, London’s first live punk venue. Actually, they were one of the ground-breaking bands who performed there during its first 100 days. The Adverts’ raw, passionate sound, quickly grabbed the attention of Brian James, the Damned’s guitarist who later offered the group an opening spot on the Damned’s imminent tour. “One-Chord Wonders” was Adverts debut single which was regarded as one of the greatest early UK punk singles.
In July 1977, this single prompted much larger and better Anchor Records for Adverts. The band released their subsequent single “Gary Gilmore’s Eyes”. This single became hit in U.K. and was considered to be amongst UK Top 20 hits. This single was band’s earliest punk to do a great business in the market.
In 1978 in San Francisco, California, Dead Kennedys band incepted as a regular rock band but later it became a big name in the Punk world. In early 1980s, the band got associated with the American hardcore punk movement and then there was no looking back for this Punk band. This was the first American hardcore band that made the great impact in U.K. There are some interesting facts about the band.
- The band’s first single was released in June, 1979.
- In San Francisco, on March 25, 1980, Dead Kennedys, punk band performed in Music Awards. For the whole day, the band was practicing and gave a wonderful performance.
- The song “pull my string” was only performed at the Music Awards and was released only after when band’s done another album.
- In the beginning of 1980, the band released their single and soon after this Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables their first album was released.
- In early 1981, Ted was replaced with D.H. Peligro as he publicized that he wanted to leave the band and decided to become architecture. In February 1981, he performed in his last show.
- In May 1981, when “Too Drunk to Fuck” came out, the song created controversy in UK.
- In a very short span of time, the band left their hardcore style and changed into jazz style.
- The band had vilified neo-Nazi skinheads in the past time as members thought that they are trying to destroy the punk scenes.
One of the legendary rock bands in the history of rock music world is Aerosmith. Here we are providing some of the most fascinating yet rarely known 7 facts about the band Aerosmith.
Click on the image to go to the store
Have a quick look –
- Originally the name which Aerosmith band wanted for them was either Jack Denials or Spike Jones but unknowingly they finally got stuck with this name which later on became a trend and get them huge success.
- Even the name of their most famous album ‘Pump’ was not the same when finalized. They wanted to rename it ‘Bobbing For Piranhas’ but didn’t.
- A string orchestra of total 52 men was used during the recording of the band’s famous song ‘I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing’.
- There was a big buzz in 1978 when Aerosmith band took actually a full ton of carottes with them. Still today no one except the band knows why & for what purpose the carottes were used or taken along with.
- Till date, Aerosmith has sold over 90 Million records at global level. In USA the figure is 50 Million which itself is a record.
- A total of unbelievable 652 flip overs were made by Steve Tyler on the famous Pump tour.
- Well everyone knows that Steven Tyler was thrown out of his High school but not all are aware of the fact that he stole the bass of his school’s band when he was thrown out and till date he carries it. Even one can hear this bass at the end of the most famous song by Aerosmith ‘’Livin’ On the Edge’’.
Bob Dylan is a legendary American rock music singer, musician, songwriter, artist, record producer as well as a writer. Today we are paying a tribute to this legend who served the rock music world for several years by providing all the fans of Bob with some unknown facts about his life.
Have a quick look –
- Bob’s real name is Robert Allen Zimmerman
- Bob’s father was a semi professional player of baseball.
- Bob is always accused of introducing Fab Four to marijuana.
- Bob was very much obsessed with ‘Rebel Without a Cause’ star James Dean.
- Bob’s great grandfather along with his uncles possessed the largest movie theatre in Minnesota, Hibbing. This was the time when young Bob used to watch films free of cost.
- Bob’s band was once rejected. Well this was the time when he was in high school in 10th grade. The reason behind rejection was that the student council found Bob & his band’s performance too shocking at the time of audition.
- Bob has been a great scammer ever since his college times. He was famous for scamming his friends out of clothing & cigarettes.
- The pet names by Suze Rotolo for Bob were “RAZ” and “the Pig”.
- Bob has got an honorary doctorate from the University of St. Andrews in the field of music in the year 2004.
- Bob’s first wife Sara Lownds used to worked as a Playboy bunny before marriage.
- Bob was a huge admirer of Elvis. After the death of this legend, Bob didn’t talk to any person for almost a week.