When one counts for the best & never to forget legends of rock music world, one name that no one can ever miss is Jimi Hendrix. Jimi or simply saying Gypsy Guitarist is considered one of the most influential rock music artists the rock music world has ever produced.
Though this guitar legend died almost 42 years back from today still he rules over the hearts of his fans. Today we are providing a tribute to this legend by offering his fans with some of the unknown yet interesting facts about the life of this iconic guitarist who changed the interface of rock music world. Here are some of the unknown facts about the legend himself
- Jimi was born with name Johnny Allen which was later on changed by his father to James Marshall. He was lovingly referred to as ‘Buster’ by family and later on ‘Young Jimmy’. Finally the name ‘Jimi’ came into existence due to Chas Chandler, bassist of ‘The Animals’ who also became manager of Jimi.
- Jimi died at a very young age of 28 becoming a part of rock music world’s group of celebrities dying under the age of 30.
- Jimi was sentenced to jail but then he chose a stint in serving army over jail. But even there he was quite undisciplined and was famous for sleeping during his duty.
- The final album by Jimi was highly accredited yet suffered lots of controversies since its cover page had pictures of beautiful naked girls.
- Jimi was very famous for setting fire to his guitars.