Beatles is a name that needs no introduction in the field of music. If you are big fan of the Beatles you must know following unknown facts about the band:
- In the initial days of the Beatles formation, Lennon thought that George Harrison is too young to join as he was just fourteen at that time. But later Lennon was impressed with his determination for singing and he was selected as the main lead guitarist.
- Stuart Sutcliffe, the Lennon’s art school friend had sold one of his paintings to buy a guitar. He recommended the band’s name Buddy Holly and the Crickets.
- The band got the one month termination notice when Koschmider came to know that they had been performing at the rival Top Ten Club which was against their contract and revealed the underage of Harrison to the German authorities.
- The band’ first recording was done in EMI’s Abey road studio under the direction of Martin where Best was replaced with Ringo Starr.
- The major partnership of song writing of Lennon and McCartney lead the band’s success but they bound Harrison’s as a lead vocalist because of his unprofessional behaviour.
- In 1963, the Beatles recorded the album ‘please please me’ and they get the resounding success in this. The song reached the number one in ‘record retailer’ in London.
- The Beatles tenth capitol album ‘yesterday and today’ the initial album cover was banned and then modified it by using friendly pictures.
Bonus: The Beatles: 1962 – Love Me Do – BBC Documentary