One of the legendary rock music artists and inventor of the famous “Twist Dance Style” is Chubby Checker. The hit cover of 60s “The Twist” and the popular “Twist Dance Style” got Chucker with immense fame in the rock music world. Chubby is the one who got Limbo rock, with the trademark Limbo Dance, the immense fame at global fron
Here is an brief insight to some interesting and maybe unknown facts of this life
- The real name of Chubby Checker was Ernest Evans but he changed it to Chubby Checker before making an entry to rock music world.
- The artist was born in South Carolina’s Spring Gulley.
- Chubby Checker’s debut hit ‘The Twist’ got listed in the ‘Hot 100 Most Famous Singles’ by Billboard.
- Chubby Checker is the only artist who has got nine double sided hits on his name
- He is not only a great singer but also a legendary song-writer.
- Chubby’s father was a tobacco farmer
- Chucker faced a hard childhood. He worked in a butcher’s shop when he was a child. He had also done works like selling ice and shining shoes as a kid.
- Chubby was the nick name Chucker got when he was a kid and used to work in a store. The nick name was provided due to the heavy body build up he had.
- Chubby started his singing career as a performer on streets and church.
- “The Twist” and the “Twist Dance Style” are still considered the benchmark of Chucker’s life which provided him the fame & success, one can only dream of.