In 1978 in San Francisco, California, Dead Kennedys band incepted as a regular rock band but later it became a big name in the Punk world. In early 1980s, the band got associated with the American hardcore punk movement and then there was no looking back for this Punk band. This was the first American hardcore band that made the great impact in U.K. There are some interesting facts about the band.
- The band’s first single was released in June, 1979.
- In San Francisco, on March 25, 1980, Dead Kennedys, punk band performed in Music Awards. For the whole day, the band was practicing and gave a wonderful performance.
- The song “pull my string” was only performed at the Music Awards and was released only after when band’s done another album.
- In the beginning of 1980, the band released their single and soon after this Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables their first album was released.
- In early 1981, Ted was replaced with D.H. Peligro as he publicized that he wanted to leave the band and decided to become architecture. In February 1981, he performed in his last show.
- In May 1981, when “Too Drunk to Fuck” came out, the song created controversy in UK.
- In a very short span of time, the band left their hardcore style and changed into jazz style.
- The band had vilified neo-Nazi skinheads in the past time as members thought that they are trying to destroy the punk scenes.